So far, we have made progress in winnowing the candidates. Here’s who we have winnowed so far:
- Bernie Sanders
- Tulsi Gabbard
- John Delaney
- Seth Moulton
- Tim Ryan
- Mike Gravel
- John Hickenlooper
- Wayne Messam
- Andrew Yang
- Eric Swalwell
Needs reasons? Just search this blog for winnowing to find all the posts. That leaves us with this field remaining.
Except, I wasn’t quite sure who this guy is …
Reverse Google Image Search suggested Dr. Dorociak, a dentist from Sarasota or the deceased Daniel Judd of Gloucester, MA. I wouldn’t doubt that either of them may be running. I narrowed it down to an already-winnowed Tim Ryan or new-to-the-race NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio. Not quite sure, but it won’t matter by the end of this article. Spoiler alert!
Not pictured is former Alaskan Senator and current old man Mike Gravel, responsible for the coolest meme of the 2020 campaign so far.
This is not becoming a favorite recurring blog post of mine. I liked it when I was eliminating candidates such as John Hickenlooper, Bernie Sanders, and Comrade Tulsi Gabbard from the Democratic presidential race. But now I have to start cutting some good people, like this guy.
Three guesses who he is. Go …
Nope, nope, and nope. That presidential candidate is …
Thankfully, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg has taken his sweet time to officially announce he’s out of the Democratic race for President after I cut him last week. I’m certain he’s not ignoring me, and has just been getting his campaign in order before withdrawing gracefully from the race. Hold on, Mayor Pete. You’re back in.
My decision is partially because there was a winnowing of potential candidates that organically took place over the last week. Just take a look at this list that announced they are not running:
- Michael Bloomberg. He will have to find solace with just being a billionaire and the 9th richest person in the world. Poor guy.
- Hillary Clinton. She will have to be satisfied knowing that she could win the popular vote against Trump … again.
- Senator Jeff Merkly. I like him even more after he pranked us with this video announcing he will not run.
- Senator Sherrod Brown. He took Ben Carson’s advice at the 1:00 minute mark in this video, and he’ll be reprising Peter Falk’s role as Columbo in a new Broadway play.
- Former Attorney General Eric Holder. He is the main reason Mayor Pete is back in the race. I’ll explain.