Here’s what I took away from the testimony provided by Dr. Ford and Brett Kavanaugh.
- Dr. Ford was calm, cool, and believable.
- The hired interrogator for the Republicans, AZ prosecutor Rachel Mitchell, did more good for Dr. Ford than bad.
- Rachel Mitchell did seem very intent on proving that Dr. Ford has flown on airplanes despite Dr. Gray’s claim that she has a fear of flying. I have anxiety over dental appointments, but still make them.
- Lindsay Graham successfully auditioned for Attorney General. Careful what you wish for Lindsay.
- I was confused by someone who was asked to revisit a sexual assault crying a lot less than someone who was perjuring himself.
- Brett Kavanaugh likes beer, A LOT!
- Brett Kavanaugh hates the idea of an FBI investigation, A LOT!
- If Brett Kavanaugh is so belligerent and yells so much when he is sober, I hate to see him after a few drinks.
- Who am I to say that Brett Kavanaugh didn’t have a few drinks as hearing prep?
- Senators Chuck Grassley and Orrin Hatch are walking advertisements for term limits or at least a mandatory retirement age. Sorry Senator Leahy, but you would be collateral damage.
Despite what went on today at the hearing, and regardless of whether the Republicans decide to vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh, I still think Attorney Michael Avenatti has a part to play in this pageant. Stay tuned.