The US Senate voted yesterday on whether or not to allow sanctions against Russia to be lifted. All Democratic Senators voted to retain the sanctions. I was pleased to see these Republican Senators vote with the Democrats to retain the sanctions:
Last night at a rally in Houston, Lyin’ Ted Cruz bowed and paid fealty to Donald Trump.
At the moment he bowed before his new dark overlord, Lyin’ Ted became Winning Ted in Trump’s view. At that moment, in the eyes of Trump, Cruz’s father was exonerated for being part of the plot to kill JFK. At that moment, Trump decided to no longer call Heidi Cruz ugly in public, although he reserved the right to still think she is.
The Trumps were in Houston to “help” Cruz in his Senate race against Democrat Beto O’Rourke, who could be the most exciting Senate candidate to ultimately lose. Let’s hope Democrats find something for him to do for a couple years until the next election.
Meanwhile, Cruz is running a campaign with this motto …
Here’s what I took away from the testimony provided by Dr. Ford and Brett Kavanaugh.
- Dr. Ford was calm, cool, and believable.
- The hired interrogator for the Republicans, AZ prosecutor Rachel Mitchell, did more good for Dr. Ford than bad.
- Rachel Mitchell did seem very intent on proving that Dr. Ford has flown on airplanes despite Dr. Gray’s claim that she has a fear of flying. I have anxiety over dental appointments, but still make them.
- Lindsay Graham successfully auditioned for Attorney General. Careful what you wish for Lindsay.
- I was confused by someone who was asked to revisit a sexual assault crying a lot less than someone who was perjuring himself.
- Brett Kavanaugh likes beer, A LOT!
- Brett Kavanaugh hates the idea of an FBI investigation, A LOT!
- If Brett Kavanaugh is so belligerent and yells so much when he is sober, I hate to see him after a few drinks.
- Who am I to say that Brett Kavanaugh didn’t have a few drinks as hearing prep?
- Senators Chuck Grassley and Orrin Hatch are walking advertisements for term limits or at least a mandatory retirement age. Sorry Senator Leahy, but you would be collateral damage.
Despite what went on today at the hearing, and regardless of whether the Republicans decide to vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh, I still think Attorney Michael Avenatti has a part to play in this pageant. Stay tuned.
BREAKING NEWS …
Gina Haspel, nominee for the position of CIA Director, has threatened to waterboard any US Senator who does not vote in favor of her confirmation.
Today is election day in Alabama for the Senate seat vacated by Jeff Sessions. The Alabama GOP and the RNC have done everything possible to replace a racist with a racist, homophobic, misogynistic, evangelical Christian alleged pedophile. Say that 3 times fast. If Alabama does send Roy Moore to the US Senate, plans can move forward with the following changes for Alabama …