Well, not literally, but also not figuratively or metaphorically since I will actually be swimming. Maybe cumulatively is a better term. I should explain first about Lake Michigan for non-Midwestern United Staters.
Lake Michigan is one of the five Great Lakes.
What makes them so great? Well, they contain 21% of the world’s fresh water, duh! You can swim, surf, boat, fish, and not worry about jellyfish or shark attacks.
Except land sharks. They’re all over. Big nuisance.
I have personally enjoyed 4 of the 5 Great Lakes, so here’s my Great Lakes Ranking with reasons.
- #5 Lake Erie – Too close to Cleveland and it has snakes in it.
- #4 Lake Ontario – Too close to New York.
- #3 Lake Superior – Gorgeous but very chilly.
- #2 Lake Huron – Gorgeous and slightly less chilly than Lake Superior.
- #1 Lake Michigan – The only Great Lake that the US doesn’t have to share with Canada. Also, some gorgeous beaches, especially on the Michigan side. And the way that Lake Michigan is situated north-south makes for great sunrises seen from the western shore and great sunsets seen from the eastern shore. It’s also the warmest Great Lake, especially around Chicago.
And so, I have decided to swim across Lake Michigan this summer. Here’s how I’m going to do it.Continue reading “I’m Swimming Across Lake Michigan”