Thankfully, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg has taken his sweet time to officially announce he’s out of the Democratic race for President after I cut him last week. I’m certain he’s not ignoring me, and has just been getting his campaign in order before withdrawing gracefully from the race. Hold on, Mayor Pete. You’re back in.
My decision is partially because there was a winnowing of potential candidates that organically took place over the last week. Just take a look at this list that announced they are not running:
- Michael Bloomberg. He will have to find solace with just being a billionaire and the 9th richest person in the world. Poor guy.
- Hillary Clinton. She will have to be satisfied knowing that she could win the popular vote against Trump … again.
- Senator Jeff Merkly. I like him even more after he pranked us with this video announcing he will not run.
- Senator Sherrod Brown. He took Ben Carson’s advice at the 1:00 minute mark in this video, and he’ll be reprising Peter Falk’s role as Columbo in a new Broadway play.
- Former Attorney General Eric Holder. He is the main reason Mayor Pete is back in the race. I’ll explain.